Photobucket

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Haney regrets souring of Tiger relationship

Hank Haney has admitted that he regrets the way his relationship with Tiger Woods soured, while Ryder Cup winner Colin Montgomerie has hit out at Haney for his warts-and-all book about the former world No. 1.Haney spent six years as Woods' swing coach and the pair enjoyed widespread success together. Things started to unravel when the revelations about the player's private life broke in 2009.In May of the following year, a time when Woods was struggling with his game as well as his private life, Haney took the decision to split from the 14-time major winner.
Haney has moved to justify his book, claiming Woods did not "have an exclusive on memories" but did admit he was frustrated that his relationship with the 36-year-old had soured.
"I'm a coach, and I'm not the first coach who has written a book," Haney said.
"Tiger Woods didn't have an exclusive on memories, so I wanted to share them. It's an insight into Tiger that most people wouldn't be able to enjoy.
"When you're around greatness, like I was for six years, you're asked about it and you want to talk about it. That's what I have done."
Woods has said little about Haney's book, although he is believed to be upset by it. There is little chance of reconciliation, which is something Haney regrets.
He said: "I haven't heard from Tiger since I quit in May 2010. I saw him at JP McManus's tournament for a couple of minutes, but other than that I haven't heard from him one time.
"For me it was important that we remained good friends. And I never heard from him again."

No comments:

Post a Comment